Oh boy did I make a mess in my kitchen Sunday. The mess was all worth it though because I have some wonderful new recipes to share with you all this week. For starters I definately got my chocolate fix in.
I created some awesome fudge brownies that you won’t regret eating. These brownies taste decadent and delicious, minus the high fat content and strange ingredient list you find in store bought brownies and mixes. The bonus is they are super simple to make! That’s the beauty of healthy eats, the ingredient list is always short.
Healthy Fudge Brownies
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbl canola oil
1 Tbl unsweetened applesauce
1/2 Cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1tsp vanilla extract
Optional add ins: walnuts, 1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Lightly spray an 8 by 8inch baking pan with cooking spray
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, baking powder and flour.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the oil, applesauce and brown sugar together until combined.
5. Add the beaten eggs and vanilla extract and whisk until blended.
6. Mix in the dry ingredients from the small bowl until combined.
7. Pour batter into pan and bake for 13 to 15 minutes. Make sure not to overbake. The inside should still be a bit gooey to achieve fudge brownies. A bit of moistness on a toothpick inserted is ok.
8. Cut into 15 pieces
I personally sprinkled some walnuts on top because Fritz wanted them. I also stirred 1/4 cup of gheradelli dark chocolate baking discs into the batter because I love an extra chocolate suprise. Feel free to customize this to your liking.
I enjoyed a few brownies with some vanilla bean icecream. Brownies and icecream are pretty much one of the greatest combinations ever. I’m sure you would all agree.
Let me know if you enjoy this recipe and get pumped because there will be another new recipe coming your way tomorrow!
See you after lunch everyone!