This bread is seriously to die for. When I made this bread Fritz and I ate it all the same day. Its super addictive and good. Luckily when we ate the whole loaf in one day I only had enough banana on hand to make half the recipe. Ill provide the ingredients for the full recipe, but it does take quite a lot of bananas. I used 2 and a 1/2 and could only make half the recipe. Now I must give credit because I did not come up with this. One of my favorite bloggers chocolatecoveredkatie.com created this. I love her recipes. They are killer. My only addition was the nuts because fritz wanted some. So I added hazelnuts and it only took this to another level of greatness.
Banana Nut Chocolate Awesome Bread
2c Flour (I use white whole wheat)
1tsp baking soda
3/4tsp baking soda
1/3c milk (I use unsweetened almond breeze)
1 and 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup maple syrup or agave
1 and 1/2 tbl lemon juice
1 tbl splenda or sugar
2c tightly packed mashed banana(You must measure after mashing)
1/2 cup chocolate chips(I use gharadelli dark chocolate baking discs) Plus more for the top of loaf!!
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine dry ingredients and mix well
3. In a seperate bowl, combine wet ingredients and mix into dry. (Dont overmix)
4. Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan and cook for about 50minutes
5. If the top is cooked but the midfle is gooey when toothpick inserted place some tinfoil on top and continue to cook for 5 to 10 additional minutes.
6. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting into slices. I know its hard!! My husband was trying to get at it the second it came out.
The reason I have no other pictures is because it was sooo good we couldnt stop eating it. Plus I didnt have my blog yet and didnt think about it.
I did use some of this goodness on the bread and it was heavenly.
Trust me though the bread is delicious and I will be making it again.