This is my all time favorite breakfast. its a variation on a recipe I found in Alicia Silverstones cookbook The Kind Diet. Although I am not a complete vegan, ( sorry fishies, I love sushi) her book has some awesome recipes. It is seriously the best tasting bowl of oatmeal ever. I once made it for lunch and dinner in the same day. Yes its that delicious.
So now that Ive built it up so much im sure you would love the recipe. Luckily Im more then happy to oblige because no one should be denied a giant bowl of delicious oatmeal.
Apple cinnamon oatmeal
1/2 Cup old fashioned oats
A little under 1 cup water
A little under 1/2 cup milk ( i use unsweetened almond breeze)
3/4 an apple chopped into small cubes (most will go into one pot on the stove, save a small handful to put in a seperate pot.)
Ground cinnamon ( add as much as desired)
1. Place all ( except for a small amount of the apple cubes) ingredients into a small pot on the stove.
2. Place the remaining apple cubes in a seperate pot on the stove.
3. Turn first pot on to medium high heat and stir ingredients until boiling. Bring temp down to low.
4. In the 2nd pot add 1/4 cup milk and a few dashes of cinnamon to apples.. Turn pot to medium heat and stir apples.
5. Continue stirring both pots for about 7 minutes until oats begin to thicken. add more cinnamon along the way!
6. The second pot with only apples in it should thicken up and apples should look moist. Use these to top your oatmeal.
7. i like to add in maple syrup to my oatmeal and i even sometimes top it with fatfree reddiwhip, soo good!
8. If im in the mood for a crunch i use cascadian farm organic cinnamon crunch on top.
Now im totally salivating and ready for some oats! Have a great day everyone